Legalized sports betting in California makes a step forward. A recap of the historic month of online tournaments in May. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Bill now moves to the California Senate on June 8th
California sports betting faces an uphill climb, but on Wednesday, the path to legalization cleared its first hurdle when the Senate Committee by a 9-3 vote. Sports leagues and online sportsbooks such as FanDuel and DraftKings are in support of the bill. The legislation would allow the state’s racetracks and casinos to offer retail and online sports betting. Non-tribal casinos would not be allowed to offer sports betting but could off card games such as blackjack while tribal casinos could offer roulette and craps.
传奇sfThe bill will now head to the Senate floor on June 9th. If it clears the Senate, it will then move on to the House. To legalize sports betting in the state would require passing both chambers by a two-thirds vote as well as a Governor’s signature. It would then head to the ballot in this November’s election.
传奇sfNEW: California Senate committee votes 9-3 in favor of advancing sports betting bill. More about what comes next after first public comments on controversial legislation –>
— Legal Sports Report (@LSPReport)
– Over the past month, (non-US) poker players were treated to one of the best months of online tournament poker ever. Throughout May, over $320 million in prizes were paid during the PokerStars SCOOP and the WSOP Super Circuit Series on GG Poker (by the way, this is without mentioning the partypoker WPT Online Series, which ). Pokerfuse broke down how the two major tournament series .
– The poker world to the surprise dismissal of the Mike Postle cheating case. Earlier in the week, Mike Postle, the Stones Gambling Hall and tournament director Justin Kuraitis had the civil case lawsuits against them thrown out. An amended complaint can still be made against Stones and Kuraitis but Postle looks like he will walk away without any penalties unless the case is appealed, which attorney Mac VerStandig says that he intends to do.
– DraftKings has with Bay Mills Resort and Casino that will allow it to operate retail and online sports betting in Michigan. Retail sports betting opened briefly in mid-March while online sports betting could launch by the end of the year.
– PartTimePoker’s David Huber goes in-depth to the reopening of Las Vegas on Thursday, which saw light crowds but jovial atmospheres on its first day:
– In Friday’s featured poker training video of the day, we continue our look at Probrdr’s “$109 MTT” series. In this episode, Probrdr pushes towards making the final table in the tournament.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– In the latest episode of Poker Central’s “Run It Back,” Remko watches an episode from Season 7 of High Stakes Poker that featured Doyle Brunson, Vanessa Selbst and Barry Greenstein:
– In a recent YouTube post, poker vlogger Jeff Boski talks about these recent struggles with the platform the first part of the quarantine in Las Vegas from March:
– Lex Veldhuis experiences three deep runs during a session of MTTs on PokerStars where he is fighting for a piece of $160,000:
Min deposit €5
Up to €100 in Bet Credits
Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Get €30 When You Bet €10
Deposit €10 on Signup
New players only