传奇sfAn update on the lawsuits surrounding the Mike Postle cheating case. A couple of top pros win big online tournaments over the weekend. Check out these stories and more in the Monday Hit and Run.
King’s Casino And Justin Kuraitis file motion to dismiss arguments
Legal representatives for Stones Gambling Hall owner King’s Casino and tournament director Justin Kuraitis传奇sf Motions to Dismiss the lawsuits against them in the cheating scandal centering around Mike Postle and Stones Live. The lawsuits were originally filed in October.
In the motion to dismiss, lawyers for Stones Gambling Hall argue that the poker room should not be held liable for any cheating that took place. Kuraitis had similar arguments, stating that California law prevents gamblers from seeking restitution for gambling losses. Lawsuits against Mike Postle are still pending with Postle filing his own motion to dismiss in March.
Judge considered postponing hearing until the sactions motion was decided, but decided not to and to go ahead w/ this hearing. Judge asks Postle if he is familair w/ what's in his brief. Postle says he is and "Will do the best he can." Judge says he will treat him like a lawyer.
传奇sf— Chad Holloway (@ChadAHolloway)
– In notable online poker tournament action over the weekend, Elliott Peterson the WPT Online Six Max Weekender for $235k while Elio Fox came out on top of the $25,000 Super High Roller for $565k.
Meanwhile, over at the PokerStars SCOOP, Charlie Carrel won his third SCOOP event after taking down the $530 NLHE PLO for $110k in prizes, including bounties. Elsewhere, Fintan “EasyWithAces” Hand the $1,050 Afternoon Deep Stack to win $73,653.
– Galfond Challenge with ActionFreak update: There was no session on Monday as ActionFreak传奇sf decided to take the day off. The pair are expected to return to play tomorrow at 11 AM ET where Galfond holds a €164,478.21 lead after winning €48,169.21 during the session on Saturday. Galfond and ActionFreak have thus far played 9,482 hands of the 25,000 hand challenge.
Another 🎢📉🎢 session for . Phil found himself up six-figures early, then down roughly €30k, before finishing the day up €48,169.76! The players will take tomorrow off and be back at it on Monday! See you then!
— Run It Once Poker (@RunItOncePoker)
传奇sf– Over the last week or so retail and poker rooms have slowly begun to reopen. The is the Lodge Card Club in Texas, where poker tables will not be allowed to exceed 6 players and no more than 75 people including staff will be allowed inside at one time.
传奇sf– Sunday was Day 1 of the record-breaking tournament on as it plowed through its $250,000 prize pool, generating $515,964 in prizes. The tournament picks up on Monday at 6 PM ET with 291 players left, each guaranteed to receive $447.03. First place in the event will receive $74,891.69.
– In Monday’s featured classic poker training video, we take a look at the final episode of UBoat’s “Beating PLO Micros” series. In this episode, Uboat talks about loose aggressive and passive players.
Best poker videos on the Internet
– With not a lot of live poker currently going on, poker vlogger Brad Owen传奇sf recounts some of the biggest hands he’s ever played that have been recorded during a vlog:
– High stakes poker player and partypoker rep Isaac Haxon sits down with Jaime Staples传奇sf in the latest episode of the Weekly Poker Showdown to talk a variety of poker topics.
Min deposit €5
Up to €100 in Bet Credits
Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Get €30 When You Bet €10
Deposit €10 on Signup
New players only